• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many leafs in spring pack?

tagjeep

How many leafs are supposed to be in the front spring pack? Mine has three.
I have a 1008, and I guess the rural fire department that had it before the GSA auction thought they needed parts off fo it. They took the front 60 out and replaced it with a hollowed out 44. No gears,axles,rotors,or calipers.:x (the reason I wanted the truck was for the 60)
But all I did was put batteries in,and she started, so I'm gonna use it for hauling wood and trash around my place.

Sasquatch

Do you guys have Teflon inserts between the leaf springs? Mine has maybe 3x4" rectangles of thin Teflon in the front spring pack to keep the leafs from rubbing or rusting together. Sorry I can't post pics right now but there is one in my "new m1008 plow truck thread"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks