• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how many m35a2 are left?

Josh

More then a dozen, Less then a million.

No way to know for sure. But Id suspect a pretty decent amount, as there is a NG outpost near my house that still had at least 100 old M35s and 809 series trucks.

goodguyzy

I'm curious on how many years i can wait to buy one off GL, and when they are gone what will happen to the price out in the "real world"

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 200 NG trucks at Eastover, SC, going on sale a couple of dozen at a time till they're all gone. As was said in a thread last year, they will just about all be out of the GL system by the end of this year. Then there will be a gradual rise in prices, which will also be influnced by the cost of fuel to keep them running (other than as parade toys).2cents

combat32

Saw two m35a3's with a reserve unit on Ft. Chaffee last week, so some are still in use.As far as I know the Arkansas National guard has no m35's left in service, all turned in.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are some members on the site that have access to that information but I don't think anyone has posted an exact number.

As I understand it there are officially no deuces or 800 series trucks left in the Active Army inventory......that does not mean that some have been overlooked and are stashed in some sort of hold pattern or "war stock" status.

A lot of surplus vehicles are drawn out of DRMO by various state and Federal agencies.....at some point in time they will be surplussed out thorugh GSA or similar agency.

Once they are officially out of the Nat Guard and Reserve units the price may go up as this is where most of them are coming from now.

There are also a lot of new parts now being sold off but most of them are being snapped up by the larger surplus dealers with big pockets.

Oldfart

There are some members on the site that have access to that information but I don't think anyone has posted an exact number.

As I understand it there are officially no deuces or 800 series trucks left in the Active Army inventory......that does not mean that some have been overlooked and are stashed in some sort of hold pattern or "war stock" status.

A lot of surplus vehicles are drawn out of DRMO by various state and Federal agencies.....at some point in time they will be surplussed out thorugh GSA or similar agency.

Once they are officially out of the Nat Guard and Reserve units the price may go up as this is where most of them are coming from now.

There are also a lot of new parts now being sold off but most of them are being snapped up by the larger surplus dealers with big pockets.
For what ever its worth, over the July 4th week I just picked up a 1955 (delivered March 1956) M220 from GL (NO EUC REQUIRED) that was actively registered with the US Army. Surely there can't be many like this, but there was one and there might be more somewhere in the bowels of an out of the way camp that will be FOI. And yes, the prices will likely rise to meet the demand and supply. My old deuce cost me as much as an M35a2. I have been stunned at M37 prices of late as another example. I bought mine for $300 from GSA back in 1963. 5 years later I paid more than that for an M101 trailer. I paid more for a winch than what I paid for the truck. I paid more for M37 parts trucks than I paid for my original truck. ~~ I say buy them up now while the prices are low and spares are available and cheap.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem is that those who really know (who have buddies or such at TACOM) that can post up the real deal answer to the question, others dont like that sort of info posted for whatever reason, so that info doesnt get posted.. So we are our own worst enemy in this case.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks