• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many M35A3's left in GL inventory?

goodguyzy

I consider myself well informed on the A3. I watch trucks sold and serial numbers. My guess is one more year with around 1000 trucks left. The A2 will be sold for many more years in reduced numbers and the 900 series has many more years due to the fact the many NG still have them in service.

3dAngus

You got one good one Bro...I won't promise professional courtesy the next time...at the same place at least.:beer:
That's OK. I just really appreciate the last bit of assistance. I owe you one. And, any time you need something looked at over at Robins, let me know.

Oh, and I did mention in another thread I had someone there looking after me, but didn't want to specifically mention your name, unless you spoke up first. I'm really happy with it. And for my first MV. my wife even thinks it's cute. She calls me, "Mr. MV man" now with that little giggle of hers.

Potluckslammy

Ok, for the bonus round, here's a more challenging question: How many M109A4's are left?

Anyone? Anyone?

I guess that's ok to put here...I don't think it's worth a new thread.

Anybody know how many were made? I guess for these they needed one M35A2, and one M109A3 to make one M109A4...

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, for the bonus round, here's a more challenging question: How many M109A4's are left?

Anyone? Anyone?

I guess that's ok to put here...I don't think it's worth a new thread.

Anybody know how many were made? I guess for these they needed one M35A2, and one M109A3 to make one M109A4...
Considering I've only seen four in private hands and auction block ...under a 100 im betting. Now that's not including people who combined an A3 and 109 in their own backyard. I'd honestly like to know that too.

F18hornetM

Somebody said there were 5000 A3's built. Anybody know how many A2's were built?? and what was the last year the A2 was built? Ive seen a couple 1980 models.

AceHigh

From Erik's M35A3 (owner of Erik's Military & Industrial Surplus)

Note on M35A3 VIN numbers (serial numbers)
All trucks known so far have a VIN in the format 50xxxx where the last 4 digits were apparently numbered in sequence as the trucks were built. The VIN is stamped in the frame and on the dash data plate. Research so far indicates 5,484 M35A3's were built; so the last truck made would have a VIN of 505484. The first truck should be VIN 500001. Is your truck a lower or higher number or something other than 50xxxx? Let us know. The truck pictured is VIN 505451 and built in 1999. VIN 505475 is the latest that has been found.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are NO MORE A2 or A3's on Active Duty anymore.. They got purged out YEARS ago. NG and Reserves, possibly, but not AD.

The air force still have a few on active duty. Saw them last week with my own eyes. RAFB 5TH MOB.

JeepMan

Course the question was how many in GL's hands. Not how many is still on the govt's property list. GL may only 'buy'/'resell' so many at any given time but the gov't may still have many more thousands waiting for GL to 'buy' them.
Yes, there must be a depot or two with many brand new never issued trucks because like we were told in basic, 'when a war breaks out, they break out the good stuff' !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks