• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many of us are going to haspin this year..

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let's have a sack party for the owner. I'll bring the feedsack, you guys bring the ball bats!

That does really suck that you can't be there. I'll try and sink the Mog again just for you...

Attendance is not looking too hot right now. 5 YES's, and I'm guessing one of those was you WT, along with 4 MAYBE's. Crap guys, come on!! Let's show up and support the Rally!!

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't spoken up yet because I'm not 100% sure I can make it, but I am trying to assemble a mini-convoy from the cincinnati area. We are about 60 miles from Haspin. . . . being so close, it would be a shame to miss it :)

Maybes:
1. Myself - 5 ton cargo ( . . . or maybe new deuce I haven't bought yet :wink: )
2. Todd Haley - riding shotgun with me. (his very, very nice, perfectly restored GPW project is still under construction)
3. GimpyRobb - M725
4. Not ss member yet - M35
5. Not ss member yet - M37

PHIZLAN

Hey guys..what is and where and when is this Haspin you all speek of? If it is the Haspin Acres in Indiana, it sounds like something I might get time off to do. Standing guard...not the first time for me, save me a spot around the cooler Ohhh and a beer or two.

fredrader

PHIZLAN said:
Hey guys..what is and where and when is this Haspin you all speek of? If it is the Haspin Acres in Indiana, it sounds like something I might get time off to do. Standing guard...not the first time for me, save me a spot around the cooler Ohhh and a beer or two.
It is Haspin Acres in Laurel Indiana..Come on down with us. :)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PHIZLAN, we'd be glad to have you. It is the 14-16th of July. We had a great time last year. The pouring rain provided for some muddy entertainment and some good stucks.

JYWC, glad to hear about your convoy to Haspin. I am about 11.5 hours away this year, but I wouldn't miss it for anything. I am going to leave Thursday evening, stay over in Charleston, WV with my folks, pick up Jess on the way out of town Fri. mornin, and hopefully get to Haspin around noon to allow for some wheeling time Friday afternoon after we set up camp.

I am still working on the t-shirts. I am going to use a local place so hopefully the quality will be better and the price about the same as last year.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So when is everyone planning on getting there? I am hoping to get there around noon this time so we can get camp set up and go wheeling for a while until it gets dark.

I am leaving Franklin Thursday night with my brother and will stay the night in Charleston, WV. We will head for Haspin in the wee hours of the morning friday. Anyone have a good idea for the campsite? Are we still thinking around that pond? Or maybe out a little further in the sticks?

WT, any luck on getting out of work?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If there aren't any objections, I am going to post a general invite on the Mil-Veh list too. It might be a good opportunity to drum up some new members if we can get them to come to the Rally and corrupt them :)

fredrader

steelsoldiers said:
So when is everyone planning on getting there? I am hoping to get there around noon this time so we can get camp set up and go wheeling for a while until it gets dark.

I am leaving Franklin Thursday night with my brother and will stay the night in Charleston, WV. We will head for Haspin in the wee hours of the morning friday. Anyone have a good idea for the campsite? Are we still thinking around that pond? Or maybe out a little further in the sticks?

WT, any luck on getting out of work?
Me and chris (Elohim1) will be there when you get there..Just let us know for sure and we will be there when you pull up.. :)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So who will be there first? I hoping to arrive thrusday afternoon, at worst friday.

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you get there thursday afternoon I think you will be the first. I haven't talked with anyone else who will be there that early. That should give you first pick of the prime campsites Dennis since I think most of the big groups got there Friday last year, right?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I posted the Rally on the Mil-Veh Mailing List and heard from a group of guys with Pinzgauers. We'll probably have 3 or 4 of them there. This is going to be a lot of fun!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks