• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many of you use your cucv's everyday ?

shopteacher

I drive my 1009 everyday. I used to commute 110 miles a day and it got better fuel economy than my Nissan xterra. Now i have a 16 mile commute.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove my 1008 most of last year to a job out by Hinkley, CA, yep that Hinkley: the Erin Brockovich story. Site was a solar energy project with a round trip of 110 miles of which 20 were completely off-road. In fact, the main road leading to the site was never maintained and rutted so bad I couldn't put my car through that abuse so it was actually a necessity to drive old War Horse. In which case, I took the tax deductions that year for all my expenses like fuel and maintenance PLUS--- the approx $4 grand I spent installing a Gear Vendors unit, which makes the stock 1008 freeway drive-able. Got a steady 17-18 mpg combined hwy & city. Thanks to my tax guy that truck practically paid for itself that year~!

:beer:

CycleJay

My 1009 is my only vehicle running right now,just turned 90k on odometer.was driving 80 miles round trip to work and back,but now 24 miles aday,thanks to a car pool. once you figure them out they are very dependable, I can tell you without this site I would have given up long ago,I had every bad thing happen that can happen.starter runaway,fried wire harness,bad hydroboost leaking on floor boards ect ect..
Hello Rsh,

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like what happened to mine shortly after I got it.
However, with help from the people on this website, I got all those problems worked out.
Now she starts, runs and drives quite well enough. So I have no complaints.
And still working on minor issues as they come along and I can afford to fix them.

Good day.

CycleJay

CycleJay

I am a Horse Logger and use my cucv as my mane work truck . I was just wondering how many other people out there were using theirs for everyday work . Swamp Rooster.
Hello Rooster,

Mine is an M1009, and it is my one and only vehicle, so it is my daily driver. And I love it.
I drive it to and from work, errands, road-trips, etc. Anytime I need to get anywhere.

And since I got the typical issues worked out, it is fairly dependable, so I have no complaints.
Then I work on minor issues as they come up, and I have the time and funds to work them out.

Good day,

Keith_J

My 1031 is my tool truck. Going to do some trailer repair and modification tomorrow on a trailer. Yes, PTO generator powered repair. Not a day goes by I don't crack it open. I may only drive it once a week but use it daily.

Barrman

Colton got his license yesterday. So, now RED is a daily driver for him. That gives me at least 2 MV's leaving the house each morning.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Colton got his license yesterday. So, now RED is a daily driver for him. That gives me at least 2 MV's leaving the house each morning.
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!. Say it isn't so!!!!.

Glad to see that your driving/chauffering duties are now lightened slightly.

My M1010 is my daily driver, and has been for about 4yrs now. It also does double duty as my offroad camper, and I've had it all over Ohio, Pa, West Virginia, and I'll be heading to Kentucky for Halloween weekend.

Bummy

I drive my 1008 to work 20 mile round trip every work day up until recently when the seal on the th400 went out. Love the fuel economy I get out of the 6.2. Especially since adding the gallon of filtered used oil per tank of #2 diesel8). Been getting close to 20 mpg with stock tire size at 55 mph. Now driving the wrangler which gets 16mpg if I'm luckyaua.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks