• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many people get incorrect titles?

greenjeepster

Of people who have bought trucks through GL, how many have received titles with incorrect vin numbers? I have received two so far and they charge $30.00 to correct them... I am not impressed.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't say as I have had any issue.
Two or three that I had won, had the incorrect vin in the auction paperwork.
After I picked them up, I took the actual vin and put it on the SF97 application.
When I received my SF97 & Florida transfer papers they had the vin I had put down on the application.

So, No problems at all.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've bought and titled quite a few trucks. The sf97 always has came with the same info I put on the form. Do you get a title instead of a sf97?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you rely on the VIN # listed in the auction info? I never apply for a title until I have the truck in front of me and I can personally verify the titling information. I have not had any title mistakes, but I'd complain if THEY made a mistake and they tried to charge me to fix their error. I take screen shots of the title request screen for my reference later basically to verify what I have requested.

Hooty481

The last truck I bought from GL was my m818 and there was 2 numbers that were backwards when I got the title. I went and was getting it transfered into my name andthat when we cought it. They said they would transfer it and then to a vin correction. didn't cost me a thing. but yea it has happened to me.

Flyingvan911

The VIN for my deuce was incorrect on the auction page. I had it corrected when I applied for thhe SF-97. GL even contacted me just to be sure the correction was correct. My Arizona title came in correct. One of the GL guys misread 1 digit in the VIN. I think they were in a hurry, honest mistake.

Always check the data plate!

Psywarrior

OK, now I have questions. I am buying an M1009 from a guy that basically does contract resales for the MCSD out of Barstow. What do I have to do to get this thing titled? What is the SF97? Can I not just go in with a bill of sale and get a title?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't say as I have had any issue.
Two or three that I had won, had the incorrect vin in the auction paperwork.
After I picked them up, I took the actual vin and put it on the SF97 application.
When I received my SF97 & Florida transfer papers they had the vin I had put down on the application.

So, No problems at all.
Same here.

I now check the VIN carefully before applying for the sf97.

hwcurtice

I don't think GL messed up on my title, but my state DOL did. They put the model number in the VIN location. 9 months later, yeah, they said I needed to send them a digital copy of my data plate showing the correct VIN.

The instructions were really funny.

"Print out a digital copy" Um, once you print it out, it ain't digital.

Yeah, I emailed it too...

So now I have a new title, no charge for their muck up...

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a 1985 M1009 from GL, picked it up, a week later after I had verified the vin and applied for the Sf97 my insurance company let me know the vin was for a 1986 not a 1985 as the auction indicated.. I emailed the title dept at GL to see if they could change the year on the SF97 before I got it, no problem was the reply.

greenjeepster

I submit it after I pick up the truck and verify it. It just sounded like something GL would do to make a few extra bucks which is why I asked, I am glad it turns out to not be a chronic problem.

greenjeepster

Update

After waiting a few weeks for the replacement SF-97 it arrived, and it was exactly the same as it was the first time... Wrong.

So I contacted the title dept at GL again and here is the reply I received.

I am extremely sorry for the mistake again. I will process the new SF97 today and get it overnighted to our government office. They will get it overnighted back to me and I will get it signed and sent to you. We are going to see about getting all the money you have paid refunded back to you. Please stand by and I will get it taken care of as fast as possible. Sorry again.
Followed up today with:

I just received an email that the government sent your SF97 overnight today so I will have it back tomorrow and will get it in the mail as soon as I get it back and signed. Thank you again for your patience!
I have to give Megan at GL a hand for going above and beyond on this one[thumbzup]