• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many quarts of DOT 5?

stumps

Oh, on DOT5's color: I keep a small jar with a 50:50 quantity of DOT3 and DOT5 in it. The first time I shook it up the purple dye came out of the DOT5 and colored the DOT3. DOT5 without dye is yellow.

I give the jar a shake from time to time... it makes a disgusting OD colored emulsion. But after several minutes, the DOT3 and DOT5 separate out completely. I can detect no signs of chemical reaction or mixing.

-Chuck

dabtl

I keep a couple of gallons of BFS around from Spruce Mountain. First, the price is right. Second, the service and people could not be better. Finally, I do not know how long it is going to be available at that price.

I normally keep stuff like this around in some quantity. Something I learned from mom, I guess?

markmontana

Try clicking thru on the sponsor links that are on the top left of the pages. They help support this great forum, and I have bought from some of them and great service.

Good luck on your project

stumps

OD Iron sells good brake parts for a reasonable price. You can also buy from NAPA, as there is nothing special about the deuce's wheel cylinders. The master cylinder should be available too.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks