• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many R-2 crashtrucks still alive?

bigugh20

I just dug through Craigslist and came up with two for sale. One in NJ and one in Boone, NC, so there are still quite a few of them kicking around. As for looks, I like the ambulance body better, but I've seen very few of them.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
The one you put up is near me Mike.
There really is more out there than people think as you can see by just this thread.
Im almost sure noone on SS is going to snag up the Winslow R2 from you , its been there for years and you might understand why(price via condition). I looked it over again this evening. If you want , ill pay John a deposit and/or I can tow it from there tomorrow and it will be all yours.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, about what is John's price for his. I have an idea what it would take to buy OD Mikes down here but I want to compare. I'll call Mike and see what he wants for it.

bigugh20

Jay, that's a heck of a nice offer. I would want to take another trip up to look it over more thoroughly before I actually bought it. I was actually thinking of getting both the R2 and the white M37 parked next to it in the hopes of being able to put together one good truck. The more I learn about them though, the more I see how different the R-2 is, so I'd have to spend some time really looking them both over good to see if that might work. Once again thanks for the offer, it is truly appreciated.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You lucked out Jay - last time I was at Winslow's I almost took the time to take a torch and cut out the rear frame member out of that R-2, but I had minimal time, so I passed up the chore. If I took the time, it would have ruined your new ride. Good thing I didn't.

jasonjc

A R2 would be cool to have, to go along with my 530C fire truck and M170 ambulance:cool:

Now I need to add that to my wish list.;-) Let's see that will go on page 78 item #1,864rofl

tamangel

these days its difficult to grab pic's from an ebay auction..not impossible, just difficult.. If you have the originals, can you just put them into post #26?

Mike

M-37Bruce

You lucked out Jay - last time I was at Winslow's I almost took the time to take a torch and cut out the rear frame member out of that R-2, but I had minimal time, so I passed up the chore. If I took the time, it would have ruined your new ride. Good thing I didn't.
MD, you need a rear cross member?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks