• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Many Splines?

Marlboro

Stub shafts are 30 spline, meaning the hub is also 30 spline... The inner shafts are 35 spline... $100.00 is a great deal even for one set of locking hubs for a dana 60!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another way to find the answer to your question, would be to do an advanced search in the CUCV forum. I just did one searching for "front spline" in the CUCV forum only, there were 29 results, I looked at a couple likely threads(based on titles) and found the same answer as Marlboro. all in about 2 minutes. hth

Marlboro

Doghead is correct.. On a side note my first anwser would be for a dana 60 axle out of a m1008, An m1009 with the ten bolt front would have a 19 spline stub shaft and 28 spline inner shaft, Although some did have the rare 30 spline inner. Its been awhile since i purchased hubs for a 10 bolt but they run +- $100 new as to a dana 60 could run you $200-$250 for a quality set.

TCUCV

I dont mind the same questions being asked just wish I new the answers. Sometimes more helpful information is giving when its talked about and discussed by different people. Just my $.02

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How would I know you have dialup? How would I know you if you know how to use the search feature effectively?

I was trying to be helpful to you and anyone that reads this, and yet you thank everyone except me.... [thumbzup]

ODdave

just thought this would be fun to add,

So when i was walking back from class one fine summer day my friend and i came across a few more guys (with tools) stareing at the rear hub/axles shaft on a 3/4 ton 87 chevy. Both of us being gear heads ofcorse where imediatly atracted to this happening walked on over. Asked them what they had going on and the one with the vice grips in his hand said "I just bought this truck and the guy told me it had lockers in it but i cant get the ones on the rear to turn" Matt and i looked at eachother with wtf looks and simultaniously said HUH? The owner then explained / showed while clamping the vicegrips on the 2 peices of casting on the end of the axle shaft "It just wont turn" ! roflI almost pissed myself. Being we wanted to help but are both kind of asses we explaind to him that he forgot to jack the rear end up and put it in netural before trying to turn it. Then we left. LMAO

schweigen

I'm looking to repair the front RH axles in a '84 M1009, the axles are the standard 19 spine and 28 spline issue. I have no idea why this flew apart as this is how the truck was purchased (Sparta, WI). Therefore, any advise on the best method (economical) to procure new parts and if I should be suspicious and inspect further components would be greatly appreciated.

3/15/2012: New axles arrived from http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/c236_4x4_front_axles.html . I'll put them in tomorrow and see how everything works out.

Attachments

Last edited: