• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much brake

DCIV

I have a spot that I can get one wheel off the ground. I've been playing with the whole "slightly apply brake" that I hear people here talk about. Problem is I can't find the right proportion of brake to gas ratio. So how much am I suppose to apply?

Action

Basically...while sitting still, hold left foot on brake. Give some throttle with right foot and hold steady. Slowly let off some on brake pedal until you move.
You want just enough brake to hold that wheel in place but allow the others to move.
Do NOT hit the brake pedal while a wheel is spinning. That may cause the halfshaft to fail.

snowtrac nome

Basically...while sitting still, hold left foot on brake. Give some throttle with right foot and hold steady. Slowly let off some on brake pedal until you move.
You want just enough brake to hold that wheel in place but allow the others to move.
Do NOT hit the brake pedal while a wheel is spinning. That may cause the halfshaft to fail.
I did that once and blew out the differentials. the times I have used that trick I also had it in 4wd lock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks