• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much can a 5 ton tow?

Csm Davis

Axles shafts and/or the center sections. Front leaf springs.
Chess not sure what you are doing to your trucks but I am not what anyone would say is easy on my trucks and I have never broken any part you listed. And out of 2000 five tons we have gone through at Camp Shelby I have only seen 2 bad center sections and one broken spring and it was on the rear, no broken axle shafts. I am not saying they are perfect trucks but not those problems that I have seen.

Last edited:

jesusgatos

Talking to guys who sell 5-ton parts to people running them as water trucks and logging rigs and they shrugged and said that with the wrong operator, anything will break. But they've been seeing a lot of transfer-case failures and axleshaft failures.

tashaak

Anyone know about leaf spring shackle bushings on a M925A1. My springs clunk when the truck is torqued or twisted on a hill. Is this a normal sound. Is there a rubber bushing where the leaf bolts to the shackle? Mine are just floating inside the shackle is this normal or is something worn out. I don't want to snap a shackle bolt unless of course this is the normal mount. I would think there would be some kind of rubber bushing. Thanks

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know about leaf spring shackle bushings on a M925A1. My springs clunk when the truck is torqued or twisted on a hill. Is this a normal sound. Is there a rubber bushing where the leaf bolts to the shackle? Mine are just floating inside the shackle is this normal or is something worn out. I don't want to snap a shackle bolt unless of course this is the normal mount. I would think there would be some kind of rubber bushing. Thanks
It's a brass bushing, not rubber. They require regular greasing or they become noisey and will wear quickly. There will be a little play between bushing and pin but it shouldn't be excessive.

Forgive the spider webs...

20171003_195428.jpg

l3oss

Join DateSep 2016LocationRegina, Saskatchewan / CanadaPosts40Thanks139Thanked 11 Times in 7 PostsFeedback Score

[h=2]
[/h]
A friend of mine got himself an axeltech 4000 to go under his superduty and now he has a chip on his shoulder the size of Texas and it’s getting bigger with each day that passes. I asked him why he didn’t just get 5ton diffs. His reply was that his AT4000 is a 9ton diff. My reply to that was that 5ton diffs capacity is much higher then 5ton. He doesn’t wanna hear it. And according to him my M923a2 and all other 5ton 900s come with 2.5tons under them... anyways.... I don’t profess to know it all and I’m fine with that. Can any members give any knowledgeable info with regards to the compairison between the 5ton Rockwell & Axeltech 4000. Ide really like to shut him the F up! ��Thanks​

l3oss

Axletech4000:
Capacity- 19,800Lbs / 9000kg
^^^this number has him pretty wet^^^
543C209C-1BCA-4E3F-B398-D52DEE17A5E5.jpg
Join DateSep 2016LocationRegina, Saskatchewan / CanadaPosts40Thanks139Thanked 11 Times in 7 PostsFeedback Score

A friend of mine got himself an axeltech 4000 to go under his superduty and now he has a chip on his shoulder the size of Texas and it’s getting bigger with each day that passes. I asked him why he didn’t just get 5ton diffs. His reply was that his AT4000 is a 9ton diff. My reply to that was that 5ton diffs capacity is much higher then 5ton. He doesn’t wanna hear it. And according to him my M923a2 and all other 5ton 900s come with 2.5tons under them... anyways.... I don’t profess to know it all and I’m fine with that. Can any members give any knowledgeable info with regards to the compairison between the 5ton Rockwell & Axeltech 4000. Ide really like to shut him the F up! ��Thanks​

74M35A2

Hook bumpers, put him in his place, and be done with it.

sandcobra164

The heaviest load I pulled with my M923A1 was a stacked set of M322 trailers. They weigh around 12,500 each, no clue of tongue weight on the pintle but we rolled along just fine once up to speed. Most of the trip was run at around 60 mph but we did get knocked back to 50 or so in some hills in 5th. Rough estimate, 50,000 pounds combined weight on the trip. Airlines were hooked to the trailer brakes and aside from slow acceleration, all was good to go.

Ford Mechanic

I pulled the sled at the truck pull, 40k dead wieght with the spikes set. They flagged me down at the 320 ft mark.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AS is ALWAYS the case we all know we can pull a heck of a lot of weight, that part means almost nothing! BUT HOW MUCH CAN WE STOP SAFELY MEANS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
Karl

cwedge411

What I don't understand, why if there is the BIG difference between the 211 (39 series) and the 260 (809 series) -10 CAPATITY charts, the running gear, suspension, trans, xcase are the same, can not believe the Cummins makes that much difference.
its not just a Cummins it's 14.0 L of Cummins...thats a big MOFO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks