• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much frame to take off for a bobber?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
" Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it! "

The above is EXACTLY my thoughts on 3 axles as comparied to 2 axles, another GREAT argument for NOT SPAYING a truck.

plym49

Very simple answer to this question DO NOT CUT which means DO NOT BOB,

Think I will start calling a BOB job a '"SPAYED DEUCE", "SPAYED 5t", or to cover both "SPAYED MV" Being that a BOBBED truck is now a CUT short of a real truck, SPAYED should be the proper name.
I certainly understand your point of view, and maybe some day we will all bemoan the dearth of original MVs.

That said, the military specified many different variations to meet specific needs. Who's to say a bobber is not an MV that might have been? Add to that the fact that everyone is free to treat their own possessions however they want.

What about traditional hot rods - talk about bobbing - should every Model T and A be left alone? That would be boring. And what about motorcycles? To me, bobbers are about the most attractive bikes imaginable.

My bottom line is that while I kind of agree with you that original is not a bad idea when MVs are concerned, I still admire a well-done custom, be it a hot rod, motorcycle or well-done, bobbed MV.

walkerhunter

The military had the duce built to do what they need it to do, I modified mine to do what I needed it to do. I like em bobed full sized lifted stock.... I like em. Just so happens I can only afford one and I want it drive able, I drive it 3 or 4 times a week cause its easy.

DUECE-COUPE

My truck is a retired Army truck, just as I am a retired Army SFC, and as a retired member of our armed forces, I moved on to another career, and so has my truck. The "BEAST" is a blast to drive, and was created from ideas I saw on here as well as on other sites. All of us here do what we want with our trucks and allow you to do what you wish with yours. that being said, it is for no one judge any other member here of what they do with their money, time,or imagination, and for the record, the XM381 was created by the U.S. Army in 1955 to fill a void the M-37 could not fill.

Ma Duce

Very simple answer to this question DO NOT CUT which means DO NOT BOB,

Think I will start calling a BOB job a '"SPAYED DEUCE", "SPAYED 5t", or to cover both "SPAYED MV" Being that a BOBBED truck is now a CUT short of a real truck, SPAYED should be the proper name.
Guys -- thanks for all the good input.

As for not bobbing it, I think I will call it a Duece "coupe" I got it to have fun with. We can have the debate about bobbing or not over beers.

Ok I can understand the purists who hate seeing a deuce get bobbed, but these trucks are re-purposed every day. Is it any less hideous when Boyce Equipment or any of god-only-knows how many other companies paint them red and white or yellow and white as a farm truck or something else other than what the government designed them for?
Sure any of these atrocities can be cured with a couple gallons of CARC green or some desert tan, but while I may look at these trucks and feel just a little offended, someone else might look at them and say "Wow! That looks great!". We must resist the urge to slap them, bite our collective tongues and remember, "To each his own".:mrgreen:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks