• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how much is it worth

papercu

truely doesn't know what she's got and i can get it for a steal
Well, if you really want to trick a little old lady out of it :), I would offer to haul the dirty eyesore off for two hundred dollars and go from there. Otherwise scrap value is a good place to start. Wayne

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What papercu said. If you can get it running, maybe as high as $2500, but start low. The worst she will say is "no" and she'll counter offer. I'd start at $500 myself.

dm22630

:ditto:

If its been sitting for years you will need....

Oil/filter change = $100
Fuel filter change = $30
10 tires/tubes/flaps = $1000-$2000
Gear oil for all 3 axles = $100
DOT5 brake fluid = $50
etc
etc
etc

It might not be a "steal" @ $1000!

2cents

DeuceNewb

she sounded all innocent and everything, telling me she knew it was an army truck, thats all she knew, told me it was running when parked a year ago, then i offered her $700, and she went into defensive mode explaining that she knows it's worth at least $2500 and will not take a penny less. got me all excited for nothing :(

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If everything works, $2,500 is not a bad price. I agree with the posters who suggest that you should see if you can get it running fairly easily. If you can see that the truck runs well, drives and stops, and the dump bed raises and lowers properly, that truck is DEFINITELY worth $2,500 or more. My level of interest would depend upon what I wanted to do with it. It does not look like it can become a show truck for any reasonable amount of financial input. It does, however, look like it would make a great work truck...again assuming it runs and operates properly.

DeuceNewb

where's winslows? I think i'm gotta steer away from a 5 ton because if i ever get it stuck off road i will never get it out.....I was just hoping i could get one on the cheap. but thank you guys for your help

Sumoman

If you want it I'd say:

I'll give you $1200 cash, for each day you do not call and accept my offer I will drop that offer by 100 dollars.