• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much is this LARC worth?

Mike_Pop

I'm not sure where to post this but my older brother works for a shipping company and they have this LARC on their property. They want to know what it could be worth and where would be the best place to sell it. I don't have any details on its mechanical condition.

Thanks,

Mike Pop

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike_Pop

I'd give $500 for it. Sorry, no help.

Definitely not a help at all. Is that how you got to be a 4 star general...by making useless, annoying posts?

I'm asking a serious question and am looking for serious answers, not b.s.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That was not a BS post. I was serious. Just because it was not as much as you wanted to hear, makes no difference.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did a google search and found 3. $45,000 $89,900 and $129,900. I think location and condition are going to be the biggest factors. I seem to remember one going for around 20K last year but can't find it.

Mike_Pop

That was not a BS post. I was serious. Just because it was not as much as you wanted to hear, makes no difference.
I wasn't asking for offers. I was asking for values. I don't really care how much it's worth. It's not mine. Keep your b.s. offers to yourself if you cannot contribute anything worthwhile.

Michael

GL sold 3 or 4 from gulfport, MS a couple of years ago that had a recent rebuild with very low hours on the engines. This may be one of them. I remember discussing it online at the time. It was either here or on the Mil-veh mailing list If you can find the thread it might give you what they sold for. These things have two things going for them in regards to value, the engines and the amount of aluminum in them.

n1bnc

I just did a google search and found 3. $45,000 $89,900 and $129,900. I think location and condition are going to be the biggest factors. I seem to remember one going for around 20K last year but can't find it.

There was one in the MV magazine for the longest time. Is it still there?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasn't asking for offers. I was asking for values. I don't really care how much it's worth. It's not mine. Keep your b.s. offers to yourself if you cannot contribute anything worthwhile.

And you got your ranking by being such a jerk? Flame away all you want but at least I can be civil when someone responds to something.

dburt

Gentleman, gentleman, lets not get our jockeys in a twisted knot, it seems some of us have a bit to much testostoren (can't seem to spell it right) for the season of good cheer! The owners should put it on EbayMotors under military vehicles and see what it gets bid up too. EbayMotors has a world-wide market, I have sold vehicles to such places as The Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, etc. It's a good place to start!

Flea

Definitely not a help at all. Is that how you got to be a 4 star general...by making useless, annoying posts?

After careful consideration, I am prepared to offer $501.99 for this LARC.

If you seriously cannot handle sarcasm, might I suggest the newspaper classifieds, where every two-bit offer is serious. Gimpy was hardly trying to offend you.

Perhaps you are experiencing your own stressful times. If so, forgive and forget. If not and you truly feel that way, then I'm sure gimpy won't be the only person to write you off from now on.

Good day, sir.

littlebob

I remember a few in CA about a year ago going for just over 10K on GL
Location could be a big factor. They are very wide and transportation would probably be very expensive.

littlebob

JohnnyReb

Normally I don't chime in on p..ssing contest but I think you over-reacted to gimpy.

This is not a store....nor is it customer service. You are asking people to do you a favor.....

I think of it more like a conversation and in a discussion, people make off-hand remarks, humorous and otherwise...

The "b.s." was also a bump to the top. I have made off hand remarks to bump questions when I didn't know the answer but tried to keep the subject in view.

tcody

Mike_pop,
There was a matched pair that sat on David Uhrig's site for a long long time at 32K. They were in excellent condition with low hours, but never sold. I expect that 15-25K for a nice running unit would be close to retail value. With the economy in the crapper however, it may be something to sit on for awhile as 10k might be all you could expect now. As I recall David said they were around 14' wide which would require special permits for transport which may limit interest a little. I always thought they were cool. Nice find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks