• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much motor oil can I burn as fuel?

Jimma

With the blend of clean and well filtered wvo and gasoline and diesel my visible emissions are minimal. I have run a blend for about 1000 miles now. I run it through a filter screen, then a 10 micron canister filter then through a duda diesel 1 micron filter sock.

Varyag

Been running 95 to 100% WMO for thousands of miles. Does great. I filter it pretty well and use a water separator.

Mix a little gas with it in the winter to thin it out some. My truck started fine with a 90 WMO 10% diesel/old gas mix at 25 degrees.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Will the WMO and WMV run in the cat engines in the 93 duces?
WMV? I'm not sure what you're meaning by that one. Maybe WVO?

WMO = Waste Motor Oil
WVO = Waste Veggie Oil

I'd be a little more hesitant to running waste oils in their fuel systems since the multi-fuel doesn't rely on atomization of the fuel in the same sense as the CAT engine does.

With that said, I've ran WMO in 5-10% concentrations in my Cummins with no ill effects. And the VP44 fuel system on them is quite temperamental. I wouldn't see any harm in adding a small percentage to your fuel. I just wouldn't think about running the extremely high percentages the multi-fuels can.

Kalashnikov

I've read on the forums that the injectors (I believe) are extremely sensitive (to the point regular diesel or JP8 maybe? was sometimes an issue) on those Cats so you'd have to filter VERY well. I'm no expert at all on the Cats though.

Incredilion

I have run WMO @ 90% WMO in a F-250 (6.0) & an old Mercedes 300TD for years.
There is a company that makes an EXCELLLENT centifuge for about $1500 that will remove all water & crap down to 1 Micron. The product is called "Simple centrifuge", and it works well.
I also installed a diesel performance products water seperator & filter system on my F-250. Makes a LOT more pressure, which is somethign to think about when running a more viscuous fluid.

I have heard that filtering WMO through 4-5 terry cloths will filter it pretty well. Is that true? I have access to 500+ gal. whenever I want so I figured i should ask before starting.

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks