• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much paint for M1009?

BKinzey

I'm going to be painting the exterior body of my M1009 and I have no idea How much paint to get. Hopefully a gallon will be more than enough? So a gallon of primer & a gallon of paint?

Thanks

Armada

Definately get 2 gals primer, and 2 of color if you're doing in and out. Depending on the kind of job you want, you'll want to prime, block sand, prime again, and 2 coats of paint. You'll have enough to do inside of top, under hood, front and backside of bumpers, everything. What kind of paint are you using? I can only comment on Gillespie 24087. I would recommend using hardener with it, if that's what you're using.

BKinzey

It's just the exterior body. I have other plans for the frame, undercarriage, and interior.

How about the cap? Since it's fiberglass do I need to primer it as well?

As to the paint itself I'm not sure but I do plan to stay away from CARC as I've read about exposure & enviromental concerns. Since this will be my first attempt of painting with more than a rattle can I should stick to basics. Of course I will be using a mask, gloves & protective clothing.