• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how much paint is needed?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an M923A2 sandblasted to bare steel and repainted solid 383 green. It took 4 gallons of CARC.

if I were doing an entire truck 3 color camo, I'd start by doing the whole truck in green and then floating the brown and black on top of it via rattlecans.

So figure 4 gallons plus some black and brown rattlecans....

Last edited:

Anvilface

We completely painted one of our 939s all black, undercarriage, and everything we could get to. It took 4 gallons of Rustoleum professional with an HVLP sprayer. I used the non air compressor type with the attached turbine. It covered pretty well.

I agree with the plan of all green and then rattle can the other colors. That seems like the best way to control the pattern.

Bill W

It will also depend on how many coats you put on, I did a tack coat and two top coats ( three on some area's ).