• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much to insure an A3? How much for tools?

alfred10

How much do you guys pay a year to insure an A3? Can I do it with a regular policy?

How much would tools cost for me to do basic work on one? Do you think they are easy to work on?

alfred10

Do you have a regular policy? It seems like sellers dont give the VINs out so im not sure if I can insure one.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a regular policy? It seems like sellers dont give the VINs out so im not sure if I can insure one.
The vin won't work for the typical insurance computer system.
go visit your agent with a picture of an A3, go over how you intend to use it with him,
Insurance laws vary by state, I.E. Gieco and Progressive in Michigan do not insure former MV's or anything with more than 2 axles.
Some may sell you the policy, but still not coverered, because it is an MV.

Every state is different. I have liability only with Statefarm on a commercial/non-business policy for.$167 per ssix months. The A3 VIN will not go through their computer system. The NC DMV didn't like the VIN either...Good luck.

mktopside

Banned
I'm in Virginia and I'm insured by Allstate. I pay $42 a month for the A3, liability only. 100/300/100.

The VIN wasn't in their system, but they didn't care. I sent my agent pics of the truck, data plate, and VIN and it was all good from there.

M-35A3

The way i understand it due to the weight you cant get a "regular" policy so it has to be a commercial. As for the price of tools it all depends on where you get them.

mktopside

Banned
The way i understand it due to the weight you cant get a "regular" policy so it has to be a commercial. As for the price of tools it all depends on where you get them.
I dunno, mine is on the same policy as my M1009 and my wifes Subaru. They know the weight and everything about the truck and it wasn't an issue. I even read over the exclusions section on the policy to make sure my agent wasn't FOS and there wasn't any conflicts.

States vary wildly, YMMV

mktopside

Banned
I am up in Pa. I wonder if I cna do it on a regular non comercial policy. I have state farm.
Well, if I've learned one thing from this site in regards to insurance it's that you'll never get anything close to the info your looking for here. The rules from state to state are so different, and the experiences people have insuring these trucks is all over the place.

You'll get a more accurate answer asking "Will my deuce drive off the GL lot without trouble?" than asking about insurance.

Rustygears

I had no trouble getting a quote from USAA for $350/6mos PL/PD & Medical. I bought the truck a week later & they refused to insure it, even though I have 10 vehicles with them for 30 years. Bottom line - Beware and be ready to take action against those who don't honor their offers.

I then followed the advice I saw in other threads here and insured through brokerage Gulfway in FLA - got a policy in a couple days issued by Travellers Insurance for FULL coverage (includes collision, theft, comprehensive, etc.) with no restrictions other than no commercial use (OK by me) for half of the limited and restrictive USAA quote. Regarding VIN, I just had to send copies of the registration, title and a few photos.

I'm totally happy with Gulfway and am now investigating moving all my vehicles away from USAA (along with my house, investments, savings, credit card and those of my relatives). Caveat Emptor!

goodguyzy

My A3 is with state farm, for $167 per six month rate, noncommercial. I wouldn't insure a go-cart with USAA, they suck, I have one more truck to transfer from them and I will never use them again.

Hooty481

I havent bought any yet but when i priced it they said it would have to be commercial because it was over 1-ton... i just wanted a farm policy so i think i'm gonna check around

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks