• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much weight has your cucv hauled?

Iceman3005

Just considering the fact that the truck is only rated to haul 2500 lbs, and the trailer is only rated for 1500 lbs, for a total of 4000 lbs. then that means it was a little over loaded.

Keith_J

About 4000 in brush. Being a 1031 SECM, it also hauls around the generator, air compressor and about 1000 pounds of tools. Had no problem getting to 55 mph, it did take a while;). Keeping 55 on the hills was not possible.

Drock

I haul oprox 2000LBS spread between the bed and my 5'X10' open trailer every month 75 miles to ATL. With the gear vendors I can usually stay above 65MPH up the hills. I find the brakes to be ah little scary in ATL traffic. But I think I can fix that with ah few upgrades.

Bummy

I hauled a Ford Explorer on a 6,000 lb car trailer on the stock swivel pintle to wall SD (about 500 miles away from Olivia and a Ford F-150 back on the same trailer and had no problems other than having to run the heat while towing the explorer in the hills between murdo and wall because it was 95 degrees outside.:burn:

rustystud

The heaviest thing I ever hauled was 2 tons of concrete sack mix. It drove really well. Very slow but oh so very smooth ! This was also the first time I ever got the truck down on the overload springs. I never went over 45 mph. Before I get lambasted for hauling such a heavy load I need to clarify it first. I needed fifty 90lbs sacks of concrete for a job at home. It wasn't until I got home that I did the math and realized it was over 2 tons of weight. I have never hauled that heavy of load in my bed since. Towing is another matter. The heaviest trailer I ever towed was 30,000 lbs. It towed it just fine too. Of course the trailer had it's own brakes.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

I've towed a school bus out of the turn around at the end of my dirt road. How much do they weigh? Only pulled it maybe 200 feet. I normally use the Deuce for such functions but the wife went overkill and used the 923 to do the same thing so I was trying to prove that the M1028 could also do the job!

Bummy

I love my m1028 for pulling the extra over loads are nice..... Now if I can find a turbo and a marine injection pump with some hi pop injectors at a nice low price. 2cents:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks