• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much weight has your cucv hauled?

Bummy

Yeah for a couple years standinyne made a full mechanical db4 injection pump for boats so I'm looking for it on eBay rebuilt and turn in my db2 for the core. All what the numbers mean is either 2 or 4 plungers 4 being better...

nyoffroad

I pulled a tractor trailer a few feet and I pulled my tractor about a 100 feet in the snow. I've carried enough that it sagged in the back and I broke one spring clamp but never broke anything else on this one nor gotten it stuck...yet.

Keith_J

My current maximum combined gross is 16,500 pounds. Junk to the dump. Old composition roofing, old decking material and just trash.

The 1031 SECM pulled it, just not fast. I put it in 4 low once off road as the dump has some good grades and D9 grouser ruts.

Bummy

Cool thanks for the link iceman! I realy feel that if I do a turbo, I first need a bigger injection pump, along with a decent set of headers, and if I can get 300 hp I would be happy. Lol if there's one thing I know about engines they need to breathe as well as exhale, then you can give them MORE FUEL!!!

tourus

On my M1010 flat bed a quite regularly haul 2 ton of wood pellets for a couple of friends I haul fire wood about a cord and quarter of green hard wood .. when my sister was building her house my brother in law and I had to haul rock for drive way 4 yards at time about 15 miles hauled 7 or 8 loads .. I have tip the scales with 3 ton of scrape steel .. I am going after 2.5 ton of coal next week in Mass. am not even thinking about the ride going to change oil will be time any way 4000 miles on oil. then pack up and go... these are great work trucks so workem boys. workem.

jacklegjim

I pulled my 22' camper today with my M1008 and I was hoping it would pull it better than it did.
My truck has 6" lift and 37" tires I know the tires hurt me some.
Inside the campground there are some hills and 20 mph is all it could do on one of them.
I have a turbo from a 6.5 that I will be installing soon.
it handled the trailer fine but it did not stop good without trailer brakes.
my camper is 4200 lbs empty so I would say I had about 5000 lbs total.
I also have a SM465 trans and A 205 Tcase I am thinking about
Putting in it I am just not sure if that is what I want to do yet.

RobM36A2

I don't know how much a GMC CCKW weighs, but pulled one with a broken transfercase for a few miles.

No problems at all, did hurt my nose on the steeringwheel, as the brakeman in the GMC thought it was fun to step on the brakes when I was pulling.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I towed a 2800 lb jeep on an 1800 lb double axle steel bed trailer 325 miles one way with my M1009. I have stock 31" tires, stock axles, no turbo, a Class III hitch that was bead welded and bolted to the truck frame, and a Tekonsha trailer brake controller. The truck ran fine at 60-65, but I kept it between 55-60 to save a little fuel. It slowed down a little when riding up the overpasses, but it did fine altogether. I got around 10-12 MPG for the ride up with the load. My M1009 is one of my daily drivers so I keep it in excellent condition.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks