• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much wood will a m101 or a m416 haul?

CAVman

Like the title said just wondering how many chords or ricks of wood ya guys have managed to load in these. I have a M1009 to haul with.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You limitation will be the 1009 not the trailer if you are going any where with hills. I have had a full cord on my 101 and it was back in the woods and had to rescue the trailer with the tractor. The 1009 did not want to pull the logging roads with a full load

CAVman

Thanks Swiss. Itll all be pretty good roads or flat woods. Maybe some ditches every now and then? Any Idea how much wood a m416 could haul?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have hauled a multifuel motor in a can in my M101a2. Keep an eye on your spring to axle clearance and drive accordingly.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think the M416 would struggle with a half cord if it even phyisically fit. As Gimpy pointed out, that multifuel he toted tips the scales just over 3000# in the can. Not bad for a trailer rated 3/4 ton (or mabe had the 1 ton upgrade).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We loaded a M101 with NDTs with enough wood to set it down to the bumper stops and he drove it 20 miles. He does like that 101.

CAVman

Thanks for all the information guys! Got a lot of wood that needs moved. Hoping the M101 I am looking at will do the job.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the information guys! Got a lot of wood that needs moved. Hoping the M101 I am looking at will do the job.
Yes it will do the job, don't overload the trailer or your vehicle and watch your load balance, springs and safety chains etc and you will be good. Out of all my trailers 105, 1101 and 101, the 101 is my favorite.

Gunzy

Sorry, but all I hear is "How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks