• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Quiet can you make a m1009?

road2damascus

Please dont buy a mint CUCV and turn it into a plow truck, thus destroying it. Buy something thats a little beat up already and has some rust
Just want to reassure you that plow vehicles can be taken care of. My plows are old yet look brand new (hot dipped galvanized and one has marine paint on it). My Jeep is a 94 and the Jimmy is a 95. I have had the Jeep for over ten years and the Jimmy was my dads, now mine. I live in an area that uses salt heavily. I spend a $1.50 at the local "do it your self" car wash and rinse off salt with a power washer every week. I coat frames and parts with primer/paint. As you can see in the pictures my vehicles look better than non plow vehicles. They are mechanically taken care of as well. I graduated from Wyoming Technical Institute for Auto Mechanics. I enjoy working and taking care of trucks. Its a hobby that makes me money. I can assure you that the CUCV will have a good home and get lots of attention. Here's some pics:

Attachments

Seabee15

I plow with my m1008, and I have roughly 70+ driveways and a few parking lots I plow, about half are high dollar homes. I haven't received any complaints of the noise of the engine. But i have had customers complain about my Amber Light Bar being to bright.

I'm probably going to pick up a Turbo for the M1008 and hood liner and put bed liner material in the cab.....(its been a great plowing season!! [thumbzup])

Seabee15

Also make sure to do all the proper PM to your Heater/Wipers/Block Heaters/Hubs before the winter...working on a cold/frozen/salty truck is the pits

road2damascus

Thanks for the comments. I will be spending the spring and summer driving around in it and getting it ready for the winter once I get one. I was leaning towards the m1009 because of maneuverability but understand the m1008 is so much tougher having 5/4 ton rating and much better axles/gearing. Seems the m1028 would be best for this application but have found them to be scarce/far away/to much $. Oh and boy do I know about working on my back on cold salty vehicles. Had to drop the trans and replace the throw out bearing on the Jeep last December. What plow set ups do you guys use?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks