• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How quiet Mil genset

Guyfang

Staff member
I remember once I was at Ft Belvoir Virginia at a LARS conference don't remember what that stands for Guy probably knows but they are liaisons between the military and contractors and I was representing Fermont.
Any way, this one LARS asked me what could we (Fermont) do to keep the gensets from ingesting the powdery sand in Iraq when they put them in the holes. And this Officer stood up and said why the hell would you put a TQG in a hole in the desert and the LARS said that's what SOP is, dig a hole and place the generator set in it, and the officer flipped out "what do you think the Q stands for".
Logistic Assistance Representative.

Would be interested to know who was there. Lots of the senior LAR's are friends of mine. For the most part VERY sharp operators. The title is misleading. They do help units with the Log problems. And some of them carry weight, way in excess to their position. They can speed up things, when the troops are out on the end of the pointy stick, and get what is needed, to who needs it, ASAP. Most of the good ones I know, in CECOM, who are in the Ground Power arena are electrical engineers. And or ex Chief Warrant Officers. Walking encyclopedias. They will go any where, any time, to any place to help the troops. One guy I know, Obi Wan, once told me, "You aint never lived, until you are in a chopper, layed over on its side, when holes appear as if by magic in the bulkhead next to you, while looking down out the window, at someone wave at you, and still not on the ground".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks