• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to adjust door for M35A2

gary1978

Does anyone know how to adjust the door to fit the door opening of a Deuce? I installed a new door on the drivers side of my Deuce and the door needs to be closer to the front of the cab by at least 1/4 inch to close. I read through TM9-2320-361-24-2 and it provides no details on door adjustment. I can see how the hinges allow for some adjustment of angle, and up/down, but I just can't find any say to adjust the door body to move the body of the door forward. I could machine the hinges, but that appears to be extreme. Any hints?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the old door fit? Measure it and see if there are any differences. Is the opening of the door in the cab itself the same on both sides?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you use your original hinges in their original positions?

gary1978

I kept the original hinges that were on the cabs and just changed the doors, and the original doors all fit just fine. All hinges were kept with each respective truck. Only the doors were swapped. One was just rustier than the other, which is why I wanted to change doors. I did a "swap" with another truck and the older door went on the truck with the newer door just fine. So everything fit before the door swap and now the only one that does not fit is the newer door. My guess is that I have some "tolerance stacking" issues that may require bending the hinges or swapping to a different hinge. Looks like to "bend" the hinge it would be best to just take off the hinge and fold them over and squeeze them in a vise. That should work, but it seems it might also bend or sheer the hinge bolt. I don't know how to find the "other" type of hinges. Any idea how they can be differentiated? Markings? Measurements? Part number?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look close and be sure they are installed correctly(compare to a door that fits well).

I think I recall that the hinge point is not centered or that there was a difference from side to side.

I cant remember the details now but, the last time I swapped some doors I remember an issue similar to yours and I think I had the hinges "backward".

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may be able to turn the hings over or heat them up and bend them. It will require a lot of testing!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks