• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to align humvee wheels

papaydsailor

does anybody here knows if humvee wheels can be align like the regular cars? i found out that im begining to have an uneven lost tread on my right front tire.
i got the balancing fixed by taking it to the commercial truck balancing shop. it stopped the shaking at low speed.

Augi

Not quite the same as an H1.

Setting the toe is the same as any other vehicle (just loosen the two clamps and turn the tie rod).

Setting the castor and camber is achieved by shimming the upper control arm mounting brackets away from the frame. Add or remove the same thickness shim from both brackets for a given control arm to adjust camber. Add or remove to only the front or only the rear to adjust castor.

H1's have adjustment cams that you rotate instead of having to shim.

I don't know if you will get a car place to do the shims, you may have to go to a truck place.

Augi