• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to block tapatalk?

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just logged on, and for the second time, I had to stop tapatalk from installing itself. I am hounded constantly to "open using tapatalk/chrome?" Is there a way to block this from happening? It's gotten frustrating.
Thanks.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I assume you're using a android based device. If you have tapatalk installed, it's going to prompt there if you want to open it in chrome or if you want to open it in tapatalk. You have an option to select how to always treat the link from there. (This is just what android should do, open chrome or open tapatalk)

Now, if it's showing up directly in chrome. That's different. You'll need to have cookies enabled so it remembers that you don't want that notice to be displayed.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just logged on, and for the second time, I had to stop tapatalk from installing itself. I am hounded constantly to "open using tapatalk/chrome?" Is there a way to block this from happening? It's gotten frustrating.
Thanks.
Yeah, you can set the default App on your Android when it asks Open with App1 (Chrome) or App2 (TapaTalk) by choosing ALWAYS as the default action. Be a little careful - because choosing always can make a mess if you choose the wrong thing.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, you can set the default App on your Android when it asks Open with App1 (Chrome) or App2 (TapaTalk) by choosing ALWAYS as the default action. Be a little careful - because choosing always can make a mess if you choose the wrong thing.
I haven't seen an option for "just once/always" on this prompt box. It only gives me the two options. Also, I have not to my knowledge ever installed tapatalk and have no intention to. Yes, I am using a samsung galaxy android device. I'm pretty decent with a computer, but I'm still figuring out the touch screen tech. Thank you both for the helpful suggestions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks