• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to check SF-97 progress??????

CGarbee

ida34 said:
I got an SF-97 with my Deuce and my first cucv. Technically they were SF-97's assigned to GL then GL would provide an affidavit saying they sold the truck to me. Do the new SF-97's that are received after the fact come assigned to GL with an affidavit or do they come with your name on them?
The most recent SF97 that I recieved (for the M817, I'm still waiting for ones on a M35A2 and a XM813...) was made out to Gov't Liquidation and they provided a Dealer Reasignment form along with it naming me as the ultimate purchaser.

It's the same paperwork that my local DMV is used to seeing from used car dealers who get a title from an owner when they get a car/truck and they resell it without bothering to title it in thier name. Not a big deal to me as it's a paperwork setup that the folks at the tag/title office are used to seeing, and they are happy to give me tags and a title when I present the SF97 and Dealer Reasignment.

I do get hit with a late fee every time that I title a vehicle that I purchase from GL though as North Carolina figures the time from the sale of the vehicle, not from when GL sends me the paperwork... They figure that other dealers and individuals can process paperwork in a timely manner, so my complaints about this fall on deaf ears...

Blythewoodjoe

If you live in SC and have bought a vehicle from GL recently and didn't get the title in 45 days or less, please read the following and PM me for more info. I will not post the entire email I received today from the SCDMV but I will post enough for you to get an idea of why I ask for you to contact me.

"We have no record of Government Liquidations having a dealer license in SC however I urge you to complete the DLA-5 complaint form referenced below. Also if you are aware of any other customers that purchased a vehicle in SC through this company and did not receive a title within 45 days please ask them to complete the same complaint form and forward them to our attention. It is a violation of SC law for any person to sell or attempt to sell more than 5 vehicles in any calendar year. All criminal violations discovered by our unit are forwarded to the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) for investigation. "

If any of you guys know how GL works, in other words if they have a dealers license somewhere else or if they are exempt because they are selling federal property please let me know. I'm not trying to cause trouble I'm just trying to determine if they are violating our states laws and if they are I want to see them comply.