• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to crate a PTO winch kit

Katahdin

I'd like to publicly give Airbornebandsman positive feedback for the serious crate he put together to ship a winch kit and spare spool from Las Vegas to Maine. The crate traveled coast-to-coast and then some because it was routed near LA from Vegas before turning northeast. I added up the tracking mileage and this crate must have traveled 3500 miles!

In our PMs, AB mentioned he was building a custom pallet because he couldn't find one that he thought could make the trip. He definitely put some time and materials into this one. I'm surprised the weight of the crate didn't tip the scales of the estimated 625lb lb load, but I didn't incur any additional freight charges which I would have gladly paid. Containing the small parts in ammo boxes was an especially nice touch. [thumbzup]

It almost pained me to dismantle the crate, it was that well done, but I figured I didn't have a use for it and the materials would be better used for other projects then rotting outside with other pallets.

If you're looking to build a winch kit crate, this is how its done. Airbornebandsman, if and when we cross paths I at least owe you a beer. :beer:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is an outstanding job. Epic.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mik is a great guy; he's always willing to go the extra mile for a fellow SS member. Good job Mik! Well-deserved!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second the thumbs up for Airbourne. He made my recovery trip to Vegas a breeze.

He picked me and my son up at the airport, took us to the truck, the parts store and Wally world.

[thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]