• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to fabricate 55 Gallon drum to fuel supply tank.

Guyfang

Staff member
Anyone interested in TB 10-4500-200-13, (Technical Bulletin) on how to:

Assembly & Fabrication to adapt a 55 Gallon Fuel Drum to a Fuel Supply Tank for Heater, Space, Radiant Type.

If so, I will post it. Got to admit, if I had seen this TB while on active, would sure have done it! For heaters or gen sets!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't imagine it's very complicated to do, but I'd love to see how the military thinks it should be done.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone interested in TB 10-4500-200-13, (Technical Bulletin) on how to:

Assembly & Fabrication to adapt a 55 Gallon Fuel Drum to a Fuel Supply Tank for Heater, Space, Radiant Type.

If so, I will post it. Got to admit, if I had seen this TB while on active, would sure have done it! For heaters or gen sets!
I’d sure like to have it

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@Guyfang what's the benefit of this modification configuration over the drum adapter accessory?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
the instructions include several different ways to manufacture mounts to hold the drum lying down, which I believe is also necessary if using the fuel can adapter.
Fuel can adapter relies on a gasket to prevent leakage, whereas the instructions here are all threaded pipe fittings.

The fuel can adapter also uses the 2" bung opening, which is the easy one to add fuel through. The smaller opening (1"?) won't fit most refueling hose nozzles, and will flow really slow.

Guyfang

Staff member
the instructions include several different ways to manufacture mounts to hold the drum lying down, which I believe is also necessary if using the fuel can adapter.
Fuel can adapter relies on a gasket to prevent leakage, whereas the instructions here are all threaded pipe fittings.

The fuel can adapter also uses the 2" bung opening, which is the easy one to add fuel through. The smaller opening (1"?) won't fit most refueling hose nozzles, and will flow really slow.
Could not have said it better. Just the adapter, is more or less a temporary hook up. What we used in the field. The TB shows you something that is much safer and very permanent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks