• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to fix doors from hitting your mirrors

corvette9

1 open your floor vent.

2 Pull the cotter pin out of your door check. The little rod that stops the door from opening.
3 Reach your hand in the outside vent door and pull that door check out.

4 Pull the rubber stop off the rod and install a 3/4 inch spacer. You can use a nut or an old upper shock rubber from a car to name a few.

5 Reinstall the door check and the cotter pin.

No more door hitting the mirrors.

IMG_0584.jpg
IMG_0585.jpg
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

Last edited:

Rifleman

Adrian A, plus one on the pinched fingers, i pinched the crap out of mine right after i got my truck. After that happened, and it only happened once, I'm a fast learner, i now make it a point to know where my fingers are when i open my door.

ARYankee

I had never thought of this. Thanks for sharing. I'm doing this to all my trucks. I'm tired of adjusting mirrors and the dents/scratches on the door from the mirror.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is true that you can push the mirrors out far enough so that the door doesn't hit, but, I don't like to have mine pushed out that far unless I'm hauling a load, or a wide trailer.
I'd rather keep them in a bit and stop the door from opening that far.

Like all low tech spacing, washers work great.

Piper Cub

This is probably a stupid question, but here it is anyway: This thread reminded me that the door check on the passenger side was disconnected so I went out and removed it completely. I added some more rubber to it and went to put it back in thinking that the part pinned to it just clipped into the door. It doesn't. It looks like maybe it was welded to the door and got broken off at some point. Is that probably correct and could it be fixed by carefully welding it back into the door? Sorry about the sideways picture, I had to take it with my phone.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks