• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to get a 2.5 home?

greenjeepster

I have a cdl, so that won't be a problem. I'm leaning towards having a lowboy bring them home. Theres about 4 gl sites in my area, any of them are about 75 to 100 miles away. I would prefer to get a running truck. Whats the going rate to get one home on a lowboy? Or possibly flat tow? I don't have any experience working on the 2.5's or the 5 ton's, but have been wrenchn on my fj40's, 54 powerwagon and my m715 for years.
I got two quotes today for lowboy service for a m35a2 only going 36 miles. One was $350.00 and the other was $486.00. That is just the haul, no loading or unloading fees or fuel surcharge. Towing is about a 100.00 higher because they have to remove the drive shafts.

Prices can very quite a bit area to area, I got a quote two weeks ago from another company in another area going 30 miles and they said 250.00.