• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to get rid of drmo numbers

missleman

what will remove the crayon junk the drmo puts on tarps on trailers? i've tried everything. don't want to mess up the nice cover. the trailer i can touch up with paint.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are several good threads on this subject.

eagle4g63

Thanks for the confirmation on the brake cleaner. I thought that would work and was going to try but wasn't sure on the tarp(just got a trailer myself and was cleaning it up).

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brake cleaner. If you use a rag, make sure it's not colored. The brake cleaner will wash the color out of a shop rag and onto whatever you are wiping.

maxtor

How to remove writing on back of truck.

Ours came with blue and pink writing on the tailgate. It looked like crayon, but wd40, diesel fuel nor solvent, would not remove the writing. What are you guys using to remove the writing? If you are painting over it, do you have a parts number for cameo paint? Army green?
Thanks

3dAngus

I read on here, one guy saying brake can spray cleaner does a good job. I have yet to try it, but look forward to doing so. I might try it tomorrow, and if I do, I will report back. So many people use different kinds of paint, but if you just want to rattle can it, you should check the rapco parts colors.

I have used at least four different colors of green now for different projects. Just make sure the paint is extremely well shaken and warm. It does not do well at all cold and will sputter, do I warm mine in an aluminum box with a trouble light inside for several hours before I spray.
http://www.rapcoparts.com/

Last edited:

5tonman1971

If I'm not mistaken I believe they use enamel paint pens. It's pretty resistant to cleaners in my experience as I use them at work as a mechanic and it sticks in oil soaked engines. The best way is to take like some 180-220 grit sand paper and scuff it off lightly and repaint with 383 green or you can go to orielys they have the correct flat green brown and black in a generic spray can for do it your self camo paint jobs and it works really well. Or what I have seen on here are guys taking a good sample paint chip from there truck and taking it to Home Depot or where ever and they can match it perfectly with behr exterior paint.

Bedt of luck,
5ton

maxtor

Thanks guys... No my truck is cameo. They did not have any tan trucks when I bid on mine.
Here is the original posting of the truck we purchased. On the rear picture, you can see the writing. I just learned how to upload pictures, so here are two of them from my house.
I will check with O'reilly's also.
Thanks again.

005.jpg

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6920684

006.jpg

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Max my son got the writing off my truck with auto paint laquar thinner and he said rub lightly.

maxtor

Ok,, I will try the lacquer thinner and the brake cleaner. I think I have both in the garage.
I will post how they work for me.
Thanks