• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to get title for a ferret

ParaShootist

We took the plunge and bought an FV704 Ferret Mk 1/2. Its a nicely restored vehicle imported through KCI. It was quite a wait to get it here to this side of the pond. Last fall when contemplating this acquision, a fellow ferret owner here in OK had suggested we use International Title Service of Las Vegas, NV (ITS) to assist in obtaining title & registration as he'd done some while back - so, that was our plan. However . . . after a week of unsuccessfully trying to get ITS to answer the phone for a quote - well, that seemed like a red-flag. We contacted the BBB to see if they had any records on ITS - yep, 235 complaints with a BBB rating "F."

We've also looked at Broadway Title Co., good BBB rating, but not currently accepting work involving vehicles with no VIN.
Oklahoma DMV website basically says the vehicle must have been previously titled to get an OK title :roll:
Apparently, OK is not a great place to start w/ no title for your MV.

So, . . . anyone have some other options to get a title for the old Ferret.

Bill W

My Ferret (2/3) had no title when I bought it so I called the original seller in England and he sent me one of these and 30days later I had my ( Florida ) title

Attachments

B3.3T

depends upon the state, but in Ohio all you need is an invoice or bill of sale, and the shipping documents for any vintage vehicle.

ParaShootist

Many Thanks guys for your helpful replies. I greatly appreciate the benefit of your experience - Awesome!

We have never had any direct contact with anyone in the UK. Our line of communication was strictly thru the US broker who had the relationship with the man in England that restored the vehicle and was, as best I could tell, the "actual owner." I'd have thought an English registration document (if available) would have come with the vehicle, but you never know, it might be that we could get one now that we know to ask. Pat has been very helpful and its a good idea - Bill W, thanks a lot!

MO MV man - your info is great news and gives us another option - thanks!!

Cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks