• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to have a little bit more powa with IP?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know what cetane you have over there but I would use a lube additive that also brings up the cetain. Some will tell you just to run some kind of lube but that does not bring up cetane. By the time you add it up it is cheaper to get one good additive that does both and be done with it.
Welcome to the machine too.

Don"t mess with the fuel peddle stop bolt.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How can you tell if your fuel is already turned up? I recently bought a project bobber that was in use by the NG pretty much until the time it was sold by GL. It has the FDC bypassed. When I drove it home with a chase vehicle and GPS in the truck it would sustain 61 mph on the interstate at about 2400 rpm. It does not smoke. I have ordered a pyro to install, and was curious what temp it was pulling. We had to work on it to get it running because of a stuck fuel shutoff. Is it possible we got something out of adjustment in a good way? By the way it is on 900-20 tires and as far as I know the trans has not been modified in any way.
You can tell if it's turned up with a pyro and/or boost gauge.

The fuel setting won't effect the speed. It is mathamaticaly impossible to do 61 mph at 2400 rpm unless you have non-stock gearing. I'm going to say your tach is wrong if your GPS said 61 mph and you're actually overspeeding the engine which can lead to thrown rods.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How does that 109 fit on french roads?My monty carlo barely fit.
Just to be clear, that does not look like a 109, it looks like an expandable or water purification truck. More pics of the box would be nice. Not too many people have those trucks.

colelkhunter

I love opinions of people who were not there. I didn't ask if it would do it, I stated that it did it. Person driving the chase vehicle is also a member here and I'm sure will chime in at some point. NOW THEN. Is it possible that my Tach is wrong? of course it is....I haven't had the truck very long and have no idea if it is correct or not. I am certain of the speed. Now, how can I tell if the fuel has been turned up?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love opinions of people who were not there. I didn't ask if it would do it, I stated that it did it. Person driving the chase vehicle is also a member here and I'm sure will chime in at some point. NOW THEN. Is it possible that my Tach is wrong? of course it is....I haven't had the truck very long and have no idea if it is correct or not. I am certain of the speed. Now, how can I tell if the fuel has been turned up?
You can tell if it's turned up with a pyro and/or boost gauge.
Just get a pyro and make sure it doesn't go over 1300 deg and you're good. If it will get close to 1300 or more it's been turned up. You can also check with a boost gauge. If you get much over 7 psi it's been turned up.

Oh, the speed tach thing isn't a opinion, it's a fact. It's very possible that you did 61 mph but not at 2400 rpm. :wink:

Last edited: