• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to jump this 10 kw genset at the starter

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a 10kW DC APU generator with a HATZ 26hp engine.

I've jumped old chevys at the starter using a screwdriver, main positive post to secondary empty post.

The partition around the main positive post on this one seems designed specifically to prevent that. Maybe there's a good reason for that...

I've got a buyer if I can demonstrate it running. I don't want to damage it in the process. Maybe

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a 10kW DC APU generator with a HATZ 26hp engine.

I've jumped old chevys at the starter using a screwdriver, main positive post to secondary empty post.

The partition around the main positive post on this one seems designed specifically to prevent that. Maybe there's a good reason for that...

I've got a buyer if I can demonstrate it running. I don't want to damage it in the process. Maybe
Resolved. It's now running.

Attachments

Ray70

Rather than jumping across the main battery post like that you should be able to use a small jumper wire and go from the battery post to the small trigger wire that appears to be below the shield next to the motor power wire ( the smaller black wire with the blue 1/4" Faston connector and the yellow stripe around the wire. If that is the starter solenoid power wire, just apply power there and save your Craftsman from getting the jaws pitted.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rather than jumping across the main battery post like that you should be able to use a small jumper wire and go from the battery post to the small trigger wire that appears to be below the shield next to the motor power wire ( the smaller black wire with the blue 1/4" Faston connector and the yellow stripe around the wire. If that is the starter solenoid power wire, just apply power there and save your Craftsman from getting the jaws pitted.
Thanks. I guess the pic isn't clear. I went from the main positive on the top to the little skinny trigger post from where I had removed the trigger wire. Amperage was minimal. It fired right up.

Now my buyer has gone silent.

Ray70

Ah, ok... I probably looked too quick and thought you were jumping right across both fat wires! Apparently you figured out he answer already!
If you want to get fancy you can make a couple leads with alligator clips and a momentary switch, if your buyer comes back to life!
They sell the same thing too, remote starter switch, like $14 at harbor freight.... guaranteed to work at least once!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks