• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to load an M105 in/on an M35

flyusn99

Gents,
I've searched and searched but not found any threads on this question. I've heard tell that an M105 trailer can be flipped on its back and loaded in the bed of an M35. My question is how to flip the trailer without damaging it and how is it actually placed inside the bed of the deuce? Also even with the wheels removed how tall does it stand in the bed? Anyone with pictures or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

James

kennys@wi.rr.com

I simply then went to a local dock and rolled them out of the bed. The 105 fits in the bed of the deuce with no problem. The 101 fits in the 105 backwards with no problem.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what I did.
I strapped the axle back up to the tail gate and over and tied to the back of the truck. Tied the side to side movement to the side of the truck.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
How to load an M105 in/on an M35

Use a WRECKER, as good a reason as any for owning one, if not to load, the UNLOADING :beer:

kennys@wi.rr.com

I see I am the only one, in pictures anyway, who loaded it pintle to the rear. Any reason for not doing this? When it came time to unload it was much easier to chain it to a forklift and pull off on the dock and I felt much safer not having a chance of the pintle coming into the cab if I needed to break hard.

gunboy1656

In my case I was not worried about breaking hard, my pintle was nose down to the bed and secured from moving forward and back.

And unloading was a snap, called my buddy up who runs his own construction business and he used a track hoe to pick it up out of the bed.

Josh

I had a m107 in the back of my deuce. Tied it to a tree and drove out from under it. Worked good for me. We loaded it with a fork lift.

You got some kinda goofy albino rats out there in Cali!
Yep, there's a few weird critters out here. That's why we brought the chihuhua/wirehair terrier mix. Anything gets near us and she goes berzerk. lol
At one point, a guy walked by with a pit bull on a leash, Bella (The wife's a Twilight fan) jumped up and started barking and growling viciously. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I ever saw a pit bull laugh. rofl

When I moved cross-country, I rolled it in backwards (pintle to the rear) with a loading ramp. When I unloaded it, I found another ramp and pulled it out, backed the truck onto the ramp, hooked up and left. I also had E-track installed in my truck bed at the time, which is what I used to hold the trailer to the truck.

flyusn99

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm mostly curious about the overall height (which the pics have shown pretty well) so I can figure out if its feasible to have an M105 in the bed of the Deuce and then have the Deuce on a step-deck flatbed when I PCS back up to Washington State.
It looks like if the trailer is up-ended and the wheels are removed it might just make it under the height, or then again, maybe not..... Thoughts?

James

If you put the M105 in the bed of the M35A2 upside-down You will either have to remove the headache rack, untie the back of the soft top and fold down the passenger seat-back. If you've got a hard top, you'll end up having the pintle ring on the trailer hang over the tail gate. As long as you're transporting it on a low-boy trailer, you should be OK to leave the wheels on the trailer.
:beer: