• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to Plug a Hole in my Fuel Filter Housing CUCV M1009

jplace1011

The old Fuel Filter Assembly/Housing for my CUCV M1009 has a Round Sensor near the middle. The new part doesn’t have that Round Sensor.

*I’ve been told it’s not needed, that sensor is for Fuel Pressure used with the Diagnostic System exclusive to the Military editions of the blazer.

The new part has a small hole near the top of the circle. Do I need to plug this hole up? *I’ve been told it can case issues with starting and performance.

If I do need to Plug up the hole, what’s the best way to do that? One guy said to plug it up with a self tapping screw and an O-ring. That’s got to be a very short screw, as not to punch threw the backside of the part. Maybe this is the proper way or maybe there’s another better way?

I would really prefer to do this the right way the first time, so I don’t have to fix it again in the future. *I’ll have some questions about how to for this fix.

Any advice you can give us deeply appreciated!
Thank you!

@cucvrus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valor

The old Fuel Filter Assembly/Housing for my CUCV M1009 has a Round Sensor near the middle. The new part doesn’t have that Round Sensor.

*I’ve been told it’s not needed, that sensor is for Fuel Pressure used with the Diagnostic System exclusive to the Military editions of the blazer.

The new part has a small hole near the top of the circle. Do I need to plug this hole up? *I’ve been told it can case issues with starting and performance.

If I do need to Plug up the hole, what’s the best way to do that? One guy said to plug it up with a self tapping screw and an O-ring. That’s got to be a very short screw, as not to punch threw the backside of the part. Maybe this is the proper way or maybe there’s another better way?

I would really prefer to do this the right way the first time, so I don’t have to fix it again in the future. *I’ll have some questions about how to for this fix.

Any advice you can give us deeply appreciated!
Thank you!

@cucvrus

I would try to talk to Stanadyne.

87cr250r

Can you put the drain plug from your new housing in the old one?

Otherwise, you're going to have to thread the hole and install a set screw with some permanent Loctite.

jplace1011

Can you put the drain plug from your new housing in the old one?

Otherwise, you're going to have to thread the hole and install a set screw with some permanent Loctite.
@87cr250r I could do that. The thing is, I don’t know if the plug was where the leak was coming from or if the leak just worked it’s way to the drain plug area. It would really suck to put the old one back in with the new drain plug, only to find it still leaking. Then again that could fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks