• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to prime A3 fuel system.

my69camaro

I've got a 3116 powered a3 that has been sitting in my parents back yard for 3yrs. Trying to get it up and going now. Installed good batts, cranks good but I'm not getting fuel. Little to no trickle loosening the fuel filter. I keep reading of priming with compressed air. Where/which line am I doing this to?

Monkeyboyarmy

You may have to disconnect the return line to the tank and plug the tank side. This will pressurize the feed side without pressurizing the return side. The flow of fuel is from the tank to the piston pump, through the filter to the back of the head, through the head to a pressure check valve on the front, and through the return back to the tank.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also check the check valve on top of the tank. They are known to stick and cause fuel flow issues.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember when I had my A3 that the TM said to hold the throttle paddle down when your cranking it and it would take a little of that before it would prime.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also check the check valve on top of the tank. They are known to stick and cause fuel flow issues.
Warthog is spot on. Sitting that long the check valve at the top of the tank connecting to the fuel line is stuck closed, need to remove and clean it real well. Prime the short fuel line at the IP, reconnect, shot of ether, and fire her up. This has fixed several A3 no start problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks