• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to Prove Date of Manufacture?

KJ Keleher

Hello, I'm a new member here and I purchased a M1152a1 last week. EUC has been submitted and waiting on TSC. I paid for the title option but I need to fill out a form to get the SF97 paperwork going. This formnis because govplanet does not know what year it is because irs not listed on the tag its serial number of 311xxx comes up as a 2008. They want pictures.
So, my question is how do I get a pic if its not on the tag? What do I do to prove year to get the Sf97 paperwork moving along?

Thanks

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be interested in what the data plate looks like, if you feel like sharing.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be someone here that has actually done this, I would send them that pick and fill the paperwork out as a 2008.
Usually GP lets the buyer decide what year it is if they don't know.

cdohner44mag

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend of mine went through this. We managed to find another data plate on the wall beside the headlight foot switch that had a date on it. His is a M1114 if that makes any difference. His SF97 was on hold and he had to submit his EUC again but GP waived the EUC fee since they didn't have the date and took responsibility.

KJ Keleher

Thank
A friend of mine went through this. We managed to find another data plate on the wall beside the headlight foot switch that had a date on it. His is a M1114 if that makes any difference. His SF97 was on hold and he had to submit his EUC again but GP waived the EUC fee since they didn't have the date and took responsibility.
thanks, when we are able to get it picked up we will look there. Hope it's there.

Thanks

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the original data plate is removed when they are uparmored and a new one installed. OE they are riveted not screwed in. Using the serial number to determine build is your best. Doubt you are going to find another data plate like the one referenced. Another long shot is there sometimes papers left behind on the turn in , drmo processing, and shipping that can offer a clue....
Also another consideration is your state regs on registration and insurance as some are date specific........

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the original data plate is removed when they are uparmored and a new one installed. OE they are riveted not screwed in. Using the serial number to determine build is your best. Doubt you are going to find another data plate like the one referenced. Another long shot is there sometimes papers left behind on the turn in , drmo processing, and shipping that can offer a clue....
Also another consideration is your state regs on registration and insurance as some are date specific........
All REV trucks use screws to attach data plate, there can be multiple plates on a single truck,
Each data plate get changed based on the armor
Level of the truck, so a truck that goes from basic frag ready and armored to say, FRAG 5…get a new DP showing its NEW nomenclature and weight.
I have an M1152 that had 3 data plates, one was OEM from AM General, the other 2 were not.

Awol

On mine I just entered the year of manufacture on the SF97 as the same year they listed it as. I didn't have any issues.

I wonder why they're being picky on this one?

KJ Keleher

Thanks for the input!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks