• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to recenter LMTV rims?

joshua180422

First off i have tried to search for this and only got more confused. I am trying to figure out what is involved to recenter LMTV rims? They seem very similar to the HEMTT wheels. So do the plates used for the HEMTT wheels work? How do you bypass the hose for the CTIS? Any other suggestions like where to buy or any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Pictures would be a good bonus also.

ODdave

Well if you cant figure out what center is being used on the wheels in the thread I linked, I would suggest bolt in for you..........

They are stock deuce wheel centers.....

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Actually there's several variations.

We're about to team up with a different machinist to produce more plates.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Now that you have the "adapter plate" issue covered, just remove the valve stem and install another one. I like the Haltec h-41 base with the wh-300-j-650 stem, but thats a big bore stem.

treeguy

Check out the "Official Deuce Aftermarket Wheel Thread". I had and solved the same problem that you are wondering about. As far as valve stems go, remove all the CTIS stuff and keep the brass valve stem that goes into the rim. You can fit a standard Schrader valve inside the end of the tube and put a protective rubber nipple/cap over the end to keep junk out. Haltec can sell you the same valve stems at 330-222-1501, that part number is AMG-4 and the rubber grommet that seals into the rim is part number G-160S. They also sell the big O-rings that seal the two rim halves together. Ask for Sheri, she is extremely nice to figure out what you are looking for. The FMTV O-rings are part number OR420-A. You will also be using 18 of the 20 rim studs because two are too short for the modification. I have a line on those to offer so people can use all long studs to fit the adapter plates. We go with 1/2" plate steel. Using the 1/2" plates gives you great back spacing, the front tires (using 395's) will stick out of the fenders by about 2 inches. You will also get a little feed back in your steering wheel, but it is manageable. To correct this you can implement Gringletube's modification to the front spring perch. Search Deuce front perch caster modification. Good luck, this is definitely the place to answer you questions![thumbzup]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks