• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to remove deuce soft top

hambo

Hey SS,
I've been trying to remove the softtop off my new to me deuce and a half and I cant figure out how to remove the front windshield part of it. Could anyone give me any pointers on how to get it off?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It slides to the side out the channel. Can be a PITA for sure. FWIW its the same way the channel is behind the door glass.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you asked about how to unhook it from the windshield, I assumed (incorrectly) you had already done the other stuff. I believe there is a more detailed instruction in the -10 TM but here are the cliffnotes. Undo rope or supercord from the back. Undo twistlocks and slide over the studs. Slide top up and off the channels behind the door glass then fold top over hood and slide off to one side or the other.

Also, consider looking at a few of the threads at the bottom of this page.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good dousing of PB blaster, WD-40 or your favorite penetrating fluid may be called for on the windshield track. Many times the track is rusted.

hambo

Okay. Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll try it tomorrow. Is the top relatively easy to get back on once its off?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slide to drivers side. I have used a rifle brass brush and all my extension's to clean track in windshield and soft top frame work by doors. Lube the three slides on the soft top with something. I use any oil I can grab.

DieselBob

Now that is a good idea. I never gave that a thought for cleaning that channel. I'm going to have to replace my outer frame soon though because about half that channel is gone from rust.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my opinion, other than the weight, a hardtop is much easier to remove and install.