• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to remove fuel injectors?

Colonel Smash

How do I remove the fuel injectors? I removed the two retaining bolts and the plastic hose at the top, what do I do next? The thing is stubborn and i don't want to break it. I'm running out of ideas..

I've been searching for a while and can't find anything that talks about the injectors.

Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen a few that needed a good pry, to break them loose.

Here's a bad idea, close the hood and crank it over...:popcorn:

two.fiveM35

Yes. I've even tried twisting while prying with a bar. I think I'm going to have to fabricate some sort of slide hammer puller. Thanks.
So did you get it out?
I'm having the same issue. I have one that will not come out either, we've tried a slide hammer but no go.We have tried twisting it, but I can only move it a quarter inch side to side and that is when we beat it with a rod and a hammer. Also tried cranking the engine over. We finally wrapped a chain around the injector and tried pulling it out with a forklift. Nothing has worked. ANY IDEAS GUYS?

welldigger

So did you get it out?
I'm having the same issue. I have one that will not come out either, we've tried a slide hammer but no go.We have tried twisting it, but I can only move it a quarter inch side to side and that is when we beat it with a rod and a hammer. Also tried cranking the engine over. We finally wrapped a chain around the injector and tried pulling it out with a forklift. Nothing has worked. ANY IDEAS GUYS?
Drown it in kroil? Might help break the carbon down.

two.fiveM35

I tried some PB Blaster, but the problem is that there is a 3/4" rubber type seal that cover the opening so it's difficult to actually get lubrication to the hole where the injector goes in.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think that just keeps the injector from rattling. It serves no real "sealing" purpose. The copper washer on the tip does that.

Pry that rubber back and lube it up!