• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to repair crack in MEP 80x plastic overflow tank

pclausen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a crack at the top of my overflow tank near where top fitting is located.

What type of glue/adhesive would you guys recommend for fixing it?

There are lots of choices out there, like Gorilla super glue gel, Loctite super glue plastics bonding system, Gorilla epoxy and J-B Weld plastic weld.

What would work best for the overflow tank?

Of the ones linked above, I think I like the Loctite the best with the primer and glue. Just apply the primer, let it dry, then add a few drops of the glue.

Last edited:

Ray70

Agreed... I have used the same tank and it worked fine. A little rerouting of the hoses, but fits into he holder perfectly, 2 long zip ties and DONE!
The original tank can be repaired using Permatex's plastic tank epoxy available at pretty much every auto parts store in the same section as the silicones and epoxy tubes, but it is black, looks ugly and will cost about the same thing as using the Suzuki Samurai replacement tank.

pclausen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome. Thanks guys. Order placed. Didn't even notice there was a crack in the tank until I stole it from my spare 802 and moved it to my 803, that was missing the tank completely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks