• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to start

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bought a 1986 M923A1 with parts missing. The light switch, the alternator, and the starter, and batteries are missing. the fuel tank had about 1/4" of sludge in it so I drained the fuel tank, put a high pressure garden hose in it and flushed it out. reached inside with a towel and dried the rest. Then I changed the fuel filter, oil filter went to the other side and changed the other oil filter.
So my first question is how do I prime this and know that fuel is getting into the cylinders, and how much should I prime it for. Want to make sure any water is out of the lines. I am sure there will be more but that's it for now.
Also, I have spent hours going over manuals I was told there are 8 we only have 2 listed and I haven't been able to figure out what the rest of them I need is. Don't need to replace the wrecker and boom.
Thanks guys
Mark

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should be covered in the engine manual on how to bleed the air out but I don't have it in front of me.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Here's where you can find all your manuals for your m939s truck http://www.jatonkam35s.com/jatonkaM939seriesTMdownloadpage.htm .

You may need to have a jumper truck there to help with the starting prose's. Anything 24 volt or ''M'' series will do. I have had to bleed the air out of sevral dry 6.2 rebuilds and it can take quite a bit of time. just make sure you dont crank on the starter to long and over heat it. You may want to first try loosening the main fuel feed line after the IP pump once u have fuel coming out of there its just a matter of mins. before she starts. Good luck and please post video of her running after you get her started.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You can find the TMs here
UPDATED LIST
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Technical Manuals - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
OR
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
ARMY 6X6: SERVICE MANUALS
OR
MilitaryTrucks.ca Website - M135 --Canadian trucks
OR
america1 --------------------------------Military Radios
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks