• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to tell if my m 37 has a governor

lanedajr

I have a 1963 Dodge M-37 with the original flat head 6 in it. How can I tell if it has a governor on it? I was looking at parts and noticed a Governor for sale which made me wonder if mine had one or not. Thanks, Don:roll:

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Original engines were Dodge (model) T245 engines. If yours is an original, it will have "T245" on the left front side of the head.

Unless it has been modified, it will also have a governor on it.

Carter

Original engines were Dodge (model) T245 engines. If yours is an original, it will have "T245" on the left front side of the head.

Unless it has been modified, it will also have a governor on it.
Lifer the T245 and serial number will be stamped into a pad cast into the left front of the block just below the head gasket, not on the head its self.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Lane, I moved your thread over the correct forum. You had it in the Forum tips and tricks forum, not the M37 forum.

Clint

lanedajr

Clinto, Thanks for moving it to the correct location for me.

Carter, Lifer and Frodobaggins, Thanks for the info I'll check it out tonight. My lil m-37 will only go 45 to 50 going down hill. Still a fun ride though.