• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to test solarizer

goodguyzy

Replacing the alternator today, PITA, i just noticed that my M35A3 has a solarizer (lame move on my part) and don't know if its working, how do you test them?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can disconnect it from the battery (as long as it's in sunshine) and put a multimeter on the connections. That'll show what it's producing. As far as telling whether or not it's surging/pulsing (which is the purpose) I couldn't say.

Last edited:

goodguyzy

well my big problem is when i searched i misspelled it solarizer and not solargizer. does this device keep batts charged in winter? im wondering this because my alternator took a dump from over working low batteries.

wikallen

Mine keeps the batteries topped off, and has a little red light on the control box. It also removes sulfate. It needs to have access to direct sunlight.

jimbob1111

Hi,
With my solargizer disconnected from the batteries, I can watch the voltage pulse up & down on my DVOM. I can shine a strong shop light on it and see it work.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The solargizer will not keep a battery charged, it is there strictly for desulphating the plates, which slows down the discharge of the batteries. Some people have claimed that their battery was 'charged' over a period of four or five months enough to start, but more likely, the sulfate crystals were dissolved and the acid made a bit stronger, which was just enough to get the vehicle cranked. YMMV2cents

Heavysteven

I have never had dead batteries on my truck. I thought it just tops off the batteries(no charging just maintaining).

There is an LED on the black box. It will pulsate on and off when the panel is in direct sunlight. Mine is worth every penny.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the same as Mike, but when I checked the pulsetech site,
they 'claim' that it both charges and desulphates.
Bruce

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks