• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to treat scratches on windshield?

ramdough

So, apparently when the army painted my truck, they got after it with a razor blade and scratched the glass.

I received a recommendation from a glass guy to wax it with windshield wax.

Any other opinions before I pull the trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A hammer ! Then a new window ! Ive tried to use glass rouge that came rite off the line from ford glass plant years ago the best money could buy and 4 hrs later you could barley even tell i had been there ! Now that was trying to get some light scratches out but just to dress good glass if you dont mind running a buffer all day you could slick some good glass up !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if you get a crack in the glass that doesnt run to the edge of the glass it can be fixed and if your glass guy says it cant get another glass guy ! A good glass man will drill both ends of the crack to stop it the start pushing rosin in the crack/star and keep moving out the crack as each section dries till he has the whole crack filled Pittsburg glass used to fix windshields for me years ago when they had stopped making windshields for the old EAGLE busses we had to get them fixed had no choice .

williamh

Cracks are one thing but scratches are totally different. My 1123 has a ton of scratches from years of bad blades and sand , wax only fills the void for a short amount of time , MV glass usually is flat and not as easy to get replaced ( forget insurance on most MV’s for glass) I’m not down with running a buffer in glass , I think it would cause more issues , use the wax to fill the scratches or buy new glass. I don’t think insurance covers scratching , your experience might be different. 🥴

Guruman

Not so new member
New glass is available from Omni Glass and Paint. I emailed them last September about getting a new one, just have not pulled the trigger yet. This is what I got back.

We do have these in stock. $262.68 each and a $200.00 crate fee (crate can contain up to 25pcs, so its only one crate fee per order as long as its less than 25pcs). Freight is FOB Neenah WI.

Omni Glass & Paint

920-236-2381"

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New glass is available from Omni Glass and Paint. I emailed them last September about getting a new one, just have not pulled the trigger yet. This is what I got back.

We do have these in stock. $262.68 each and a $200.00 crate fee (crate can contain up to 25pcs, so its only one crate fee per order as long as its less than 25pcs). Freight is FOB Neenah WI.

Omni Glass & Paint

920-236-2381"
Omni Glass is a good outfit. I ordered a new windshield for my M1088 and it arrived on my dock (at work) in about a week. I don't remember the pain when I paid for it and their crate was FIRST CLASS when it arrived.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks