• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to UN bypass the heater in m35a3

BadMastard

Do you know how I could tell my truck was from california? It had a beautiful hunter 30,000 btu heater that was disconnected.

Now that the truck is moving to Seattle, where heaters and very importantly defrosters are a must, I find I must reconnect the heater. I can re run heater hose to the radiator. No problem but they REALLY looped that thing tight. I can find a dryer duct to connect the diverter box, no problem. The problem come in that it appears they did something funny to the electrical. There is no lead wires at the heater. I read the manual, there WAS one, with a connector and ground. The switch near the starter switch has high and low, but if you turn it on, the buzzer goes off.

My question to the forum is this. Does anyone know where the electrical connection went from and to? And have you seen the high low switch wired like that before? before I start pulling wires, I thought it prudent to ask.

Thanks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mine was removed too, so this is from looking at other's trucks. You should have a wire going to a circuit breaker, then to the switch. From the switch it should go to a coiled resistor somewhere on the firewall for the "low" and directly for the "high". You want one hose to go to the port just above the alt on the water pump housing and the other should go to the ports behind the thermostat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks