• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to unload a safe quickly from a CUCV

ODdave

I did that with an engine. brought it to the guys house and he didnt have all the money. He said take it or leave it, I took the money and left the engine with the crank pulley burried about 8in in his front yard after it exited my lifted truck........

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How did you pick the safe back up???
Backed up behind the safe with the front of the truck pointing towards it, looped a pull strap around the top part of the safe and tied it to the shackle on the front of my CUCV and slowly backed up until it stood almost upright. Then got my son to help me steady it upright. Then I drove forward to release the tension and the strap. Then placed it on the dolly and wheeled it into the house. No problem. It's all about momentum (unloading) and leverage (up-righting and moving). :beer:

Scooteerr

Does this mean I'm qualified to work for GL? rofl
Your overqualified!!!

I wish I could get a job at the local GL!!!

I wonder what the requirements are???... Seems like the best job ever!!!

But I doubt they would hire a comited, 16yr old, MV fanatic... Lol...

Last edited:

Keith_J

Accuracy counts. Bending driveshafts and crimping fuel lines with the forklift is a prime qualification. Extra points for breaking transfer cases and transmissions.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got rid of a couch behind the local Home Depot that way once. My passenger, and the guy who I was getting rid of the couch for, was laughing hysterically for 10 minutes because he didn't know I was going to do that. He actually thought I was going to pay $20 at the dump to get rid of it. :) I know, I'm an a sshole.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks