• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

howard hammonds

eddiec

not sure if anyone has informed you all yet, but howards entire yard is being ( slowly) cut up for scrap. they are doing the scrapping on the concept of " hey, this is easy to get to" , not the idea of lets get rid of the junk first. they actually cut up a complete m52 that ran, torched right through the frame and driveline, even hauled off all of the rims( yep, super singles too) that had no tires on them. just pray it rains enough to slow them down for a while. will try to keep everyone posted, as work permits.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If it wasn't for Aberdeen, I'd have been back down there by now. Let me know if you hit it up again, I have a specific part request.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No, Hammonds is the last name. Howard has been in the surplus biz for prolly 40+ years. He had residue contracts with Ft. Knox and Ft. Campbell for quite a while. He collected piles and piles of parts and residue vehicles over the years and they have been scattered across acres of over-grown farm land. Howard isn't running the biz anymore. His health has been real bad. He was a very nice guy to deal with. His son Buddy is in charge of things now. There is no organization to the place and no way to easily inventory and sell anything on a large scale. You basically just tell Buddy what you are looking for and you get pointed in the general direction. With scrap prices being what they are, it is a lot easier for him to torch stuff up and haul it to the scrapper than it is to find a buyer for every last part. Those of you who have been there understand what I am saying. It's a jungle! Scrapping is why I made the journey there 2 years ago to buy a Gama Goat. Scrap aluminum was and is high and they were all getting the torch.

That's it in a nut-shell and I don't see it changing so if anyone wants something, you better get your butt over there relatively soon.

eddiec

that is the truth. there are quite a few complete trucks still there, along w a few dump beds, duece and 5 ton. a couple dozen multi fuels still in containers( serviceable), more trailers than anyone could ever use, and at least a dozen gama goats, minus a few parts. plus plenty of nos parts, wiring harnesses, winches, you name it.151 fuel tanks by the dozen. generators, everything.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone know what he gets for a multifuel core?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I see my post was deleted, but now I see why. I didn't know Mr. Hammond was deceased/sick. Sorry my mouth was working faster than my common sense, it usually does.

SAVE WHAT YOU CAN, guys! Wish I was closer, I'd buy at least some stuff....

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not know Mr. Hammond but it is sad to lose an MV yard owner. He wouldn't have been in the business if he were not into the green iron may he rest in peace.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think it's Greenville KY. Would love to go up and get a can motor and some parts for a multifuel/gasser repower.

Duck

Howard Hammonds

Howards yard is 2 mi. so. Greenville Ky.I have known the Hammonds's Sence
I have delt with Howard and Buddy for many years and they have been the best

Howard is gone and Buddy is trying to do it all , and Buddy is in bad health.
Buddy is open Monday through Saturday . NO SUNDAYS

Howard served many industries.MV part and trucks was about 15% of buisness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks